Thursday, May 28, 2009

First Week Down

Buongiorno!

I am almost done with my first week of classes! They are pretty intense with the amount of work involved, but I am learning alot and Im lucky because my classes relate to each other. Im learning information in one class that is more in depth than on the information on the same subject in the other. I hope that makes sense. Im gonna spend the afternoon before class catching up on some readings since I have decided to enjoy the city this week rather than spend every second with my head in a textbook.

Yesterday, I had my first cooking class! It was sooo good. We made homemade pasta with pesto sauce (soooooo good), some ham and goat cheese thing (not so good) and tiramsu (delish)! I can't wait til I get home and can cook for everyone! Mom, please have me a pasta presser and mortar and pestle when I get home. Oh and I need a whole barrel of EVOO. Just kidding. After a month of these classes, I will make some man very happy one day! For now, I will make my momma and grandma happy.

Last night was also my roommates 21st birthday so while we were in cooking class, some of our friends took her out to eat and then we met up for gelatto! We spent an hour dancing in the Piazza Republica and taking Italys next top model photos. (I hoped to be tagged in those shortly!) It was soo much fun and one of the highlights of my week.

Tonight, we are going back to the top of the hill to watch the sunset over the city and have a picnic. Its alot of our study abroad group so it will be quite nice to just relax after a week of crazy classes.

Tomorrow, our group leaves to go to Pompeii and the Island of Capri at 6 am! Early morning, but I cant wait to see Pompeii since I spent so many years studying Latin and studying the eruption of Vesuvius. I also hear Capri is beautiful. Pictures will be up shortly after I get back!

Oh, and I just want to know that I have given up the opportunity to meet my future husband, Robert Pattinson. He has been filming an hour or so from here for the past week and due to sucky class I havent been able to go see him. I am quite depressed. So now when I watch full moon, i will be like oh i was there when he made that. My one opportunity down the drain.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and Ill post Sunday or Monday!

Love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment