Friday, May 22, 2009

First Few Days

Ciao!



Sorry this has taken forever, but I've had the hardest time getting on here. I hope no one has been too worried! Just kidding!



Our flight went fairly well. Our layover in Boston got cut short to 45 minutes because our flight got in late. We literally had to run through the airport to catch our flight, be sent through security with some special man to speed up the process, and then run to the gate where they had to hold the plane. I guess it didnt help that I had worn closed toes shoes and a belt, which means I was stripping in the airport and running with my clothes in hand to the plane.



The flight to London was good and I got to sit next to a super hot boy. Too bad I was scared to talk to him, but our arms touched the whole trip! :) The fed us constantly on the plane and unfortunately the food was disgusting. But I did enjoy my first legal bottle of wine!



Our flight to Rome was amazing. We had the best stewardesses (spelling) known to man. They were so funny and kept making jokes and laughing while on the intercom. It completely made the whole trip!



However, due to our short layover in Boston our luggage didnt make the flight and we just recieved our luggage late last night. Kinda gross, but I did pack an extra outfit in my carry on so I did okay. I think I did a good job at roughing it and going with the flow. The others in my group didn't do so well. I guess it kinda drove me crazy to have such hoity toity (thats for you grandma) people that complain about everything.

I then left my notebook with all my personal information on the bus and I think I almost had a panic attack. Only a couple of people were concerned and it really upset me after everything I had done. It turned out to be lots of drama, but its all worked out now and I got sweet revenge when they all wouldnt wait for me to get my notebook back and then we all ended up on the later train anyway. I know its mean, but still it felt good.

Our hostel in Rome was great. It wasn't air conditioned, but it was clean and the owner Christiano was amazing. When we exchanged money at the airport they charged us Australian dollars instead of US dollars and he called the company and demanded they wire the difference. He was so amazing and I don't know how I would have madde it without him. So a couple of girls and I went in together and bought him a pack of smokes. Don't know how out of custom that is. But oh well.

I saw Trevi Fountain and it was amazing. It wasn't anything like the Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen movie when in Rome. It was super crowded, but still gorgeous. I'm hoping to put pictures on facebook later tonight.

I am currently in Florence and its amazing. The apartment is out of this world in downtown Florence. The ceiling in my room has a painted mural. Pictures will again be on facebook. I had my first multi course Italian meal and it was delish. Im gonna be so spoiled when I get home. Momma better be ready to cook for me all the time.

I'm going to the top of the hill tomorrow with the group and I will start school on Monday. I will try my hardest to write more tomorrow!

Love yall1

Ciao-Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment