Friday, June 19, 2009

It's Not Goodbye, Its Just See You Later

Ciao!

I just wanted to write to let you know what's going on. Tonight is my last night in Florence. Ive spent the whole day buying souviners for my friends and family. I'm about to start packing and then tonight we have our farewell dinner.

Honestly, I am completely depressed. I am not ready to leave. I miss my family more than anything in the world and I can't wait to see them; however, Florence is truly my second home. I wish I could transport my whole family to be with me and this place would be perfect. I've had to say bye to one local I've met and tonight I will say goodbye to other. When buying scarves in the market, I met one of the nicest people and since then I have sent all my friends to him. He tells me I'm his nicest customer. He would greet me every morning and every afternoon as I made my way through the market and this afternoon we had to say goodby. Thank goodness for facebook. The other guy I must say goodbye to is the guy at the News Cafe, where I get coffee at least three times a day. I guess we established somewhat of a relationship since I've been here. I will be saying goodbye to him shortly.

I don't know how I am going to adjust to coming home. I have completely adapted and adjusted to the Italian culture and if I believed in reincarnation, I would believe I was once Italian. I'm just not ready to say goodbye. I just want to stay here forever.

When I first started looking at studying abroad, I was determined I wanted to go to Prague since there is an extension of the College of Textiles. Then, while sitting in scholars one day, I heard about the Florence program and I knew that was where I was supposed to go. And it has been the best decision of my life.

I am now thinking about looking into a whole semester abroad and trying to learn the language in the next year.

Well, I need to get a shower and start getting ready for our last night here. Talk to you all when I get home.

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment